Grain Free Cinnamon Crunch Cookies
Here's another cookie recipe for you just in time for the holidays!!!!
I do try and bake at least a couple times a month little treats for my kids on a regular basis just so they can be kids and enjoy stuff. It is comforting knowing that all these baked goodies I make are made with all real whole food ingredients and gluten/grain free so a much better option. It's definitely not a daily occurrence, and for myself I don't eat these treats nearly as much.
I originally tried this recipe out hoping they would turn out like snickerdoodles which just happen to be one of my all time favorite cookies from my childhood. However, like many recipes I tried this one didn't quite turn out like I wanted them too. They were not soft like snickerdoodles are, but they still were delicious so I just made them their own cookie!! These ones are nice and crunchy. My littlest guy Alex who is 6 LOVED them!! You literally made my day by telling me that these were the BEST cookies he had ever had. I do believe that is probably an overstatement, but to come from him means everything because he is usually my pickiest one out of the bunch. My hope is that your kiddos will enjoy these as much as mine did.
Happy baking :)
Servings: 36 Cookies
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 3/4 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/4 cup Ghee/Grass Fed Butter (room temperature and softened)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Plus 2 TBSP Coconut Palm Sugar and 1 tsp Cinnamon mixed to sprinkle on top of cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and 1 or 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. (if you only have 1 baking sheet that is fine you will just have to do more batches.)
- In a large mixing bowl add your dry ingredients.
- Add your vanilla extract along with your softened butter or ghee and mix thoroughly. Your dough will be soft not a firm dough.
- Now take a spoon approximately the size of 1/2 TBSP and scoop dough and drop on lined baking sheet. Make sure to leave lots of room between cookies as these cookies spread a lot while baking.
- Mix your extra coconut palm sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle each cookie before baking.
- Cook each batch of cookies for 8-10 min.
- Let cookie cool for a couple minutes before removing onto a cookie rack to finish cooling.
- These are not soft cookies. They should be a fairly thin and crunchy!