Watermelon Cucumber Salad
One of my favorite things about summer is all of the melons. Watermelon especially is a must!! I mean who doesn't like watermelon. This summer our family took a trip to Breckenridge which is about 3 hours from Colorado Springs. If you live in Colorado and haven't gone try and make it sometime it is absolutely gorgeous!! Lots of things to do in both summer and winter, lottos cool shops and boutiques, and of course my favorite restaurants. My husband had a date night and I picked an amazing place to eat. One of the dishes we ordered was a watermelon salad. My husband was a little skeptical at first, but ended up enjoying it. So I decided one evening after I just bought a watermelon to try and recreate a similar salad with a few simple ingredients that I already had.
This salad can't get much simpler. I had some fresh cucumbers I had bought a few days before at our farmers market, I also had some cilantro which I love adding to whatever I can find that will taste good with it. Cilantro is amazing for supporting liver detoxification so I try and eat it frequently. I have a Cilantro Pesto which is also delicious! I seriously whipped his salad together in 10 minutes if even that. I didn't add any cheese this time around but I think some good feta or goat cheese crumbles on top would taste great!
Servings: 6-8 Sides
- 1/2 Seedless Watermelon cute in cube sized pieces
- 2 Cucumbers peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro leaves chopped into small pieces (additional for garnish)
- 4-6 oz Feta or Goat cheese (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl combine cubed watermelon, cucumber and cilantro
- Toss to mix and so juices of watermelon combine with the cucumber
- Set aside in the Refrigerator for about 30 minutes to chill
- Serve as is or top with some crumbles of goat cheese or feta cheese and some additional cilantro for garnish!