Taco Salad Bowl with Cucumber Mango Salsa
Taco bowls are a huge hit in our house. Not only are they easy especially when all the ingredients are prepped beforehand, but they are great for the kids since everyone can choose what ingredients they want to put onto their taco bowls. We always make our bowls with my cilantro lime cauliflower rice. The cucumber mango salsa definitely puts the finishing touches on this adding some sweetness from the mango!
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- taco seasoning ( 2 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 1/2 tsp cumin, 2 tsp dried oregano, 1/8-1/4tsp chipotle pepper)
- cilantro lime cauliflower rice
- cucumber mango salsa
- Toppings of choice: Black olives, bell peppers, chopped green onions, tomatoes, black beans, grass fed cheese (if dairy is tolerated) etc.
Directions: Cook ground beef and add in chopped garlic, onion, and taco seasoning. Continue to cook on low heat until onion is translucent and cooked through. As the meat is cooking begin to prepare your lettuce and your toppings. Wash and dry lettuce and cut or shred into pieces set aside. At the same time your cauliflower rice can also be cooking on the stove. When everything is prepared your Taco bowls are ready to assemble however you want them. Enjoy your homemade Chipotle at home!!
**To make this meal much easier and quicker, I always prepare my salsa the day before. Then the morning before I make my guacamole as well as prep all my toppings and leave them in dishes in the fridge so I can just pull them out when everything else is ready to serve