Grain Free/Gluten Free Banana Walnut Bread
Fall is finally upon us which means more baking for me. I don't know about you, but I love baking up treats during the fall and winter. I happened to have some bananas that were overly ripe and would just be wasted if I didn't do anything with them so I decided to make some good old banana bread except of course this one is much healthier free of refined sugars and free of gluten and all grains! I added in walnuts because I had them and thought they would be a delicious addition, however, if you are allergic to nuts you can totally leave them out, or even sub in some dark chocolate chips instead. This recipes like all my others is quick to prepare, and the ingredient list is not huge!! I have some pumpkin recipes that I will be sharing on here soon as well so make sure to keep a lookout for those :)
- 3 Overly Ripe Bananas
- 3 Large Eggs ( preferably pasture raised)
- 3/4 c Arrowroot Starch/Flour
- 1/2 c Walnuts Chopped
- 1/4 c Coconut Flour
- 1 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda ( Aluminum Free)
- 1/4tsp Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Pre-Heat your oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl mash your bananas and then add your eggs and use a hand mixer, mixer to mix together.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients to the bowl ( maple syrup and ACV).
- In a separate bowl sift all of your dry ingredients and gentle mix together except leave out the walnuts.
- Now slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients continuing to mix until there are no clumps present except for some banana.
- Finally fold in your chopped walnuts.
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil and line with parchment paper then add your batter to the lined pan.
- Put in the oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes.