6 Ingredient One Pot Meal
Last night was one of those nights that I either needed leftovers or I had to prepare something that required minimal ingredients and preparation. Both my boys had soccer, and my daughter had gymnastics. One pot meals are some of the simplest you can make. I gathered a few ingredients that I thought might taste well together literally piled it all into my lovely Le Cruset and popped it into the oven to cook. You can use any pot that works well in your oven at higher temperatures. In a little over an hour I took it out and dinner was served!! Cabbage, bratwurst sausages, sweet potatoes, red fingerlings potatoes, little ghee , and some sea salt was all I added. It turned out phenomenal. The juices from the sausage flavored all the veggies amazingly!! My mouth is watering thinking about it. Another great thing about this recipe is that I made a large amount on purpose so that you can enjoy leftovers for the week or freeze some.
Servings: Approximately 8
- 1 Medium to Large Green Cabbage
- 6-8 Red Fingerling Potatoes cut in half or fourths
- 3-4 Sweet Potatoes ( medium sized) peeled and sliced
- 6-8 Bratwurst Sausage ( I used Neiman Ranch already cooked)
- 2 TBSP Ghee
- 3 tsp Sea Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add your chopped cabbage along with your potatoes and sweet potatoes to a large oven friendly pot.
- Cut the sausages and add those to the top. Then sprinkle with sea salt and add your ghee making sure you have 3 or 4 clumps of ghee spread out in different locations.
- Cover your pot and put in the oven.
- Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Make sure to stir ingredients one time about half way through and re-cover.
- Food is ready!!
**This tastes even better the next day after it has sat overnight allowing the flavors to enhance .