Sweet Potato Zucchini Meatloaf
It is Friday and I should be looking forward to the weekend, but I have to be honest, I have been so busy lately trying to tackle all of my new projects along with raising 4 kids weekends are not a time for downtime these days. But, I'm ok with that because I know it's not forever!! It just can be a little overwhelming at times going into the weekend knowing you have a whole list of work including LOTS of housework to get done. Sometimes people ask me how I do it all, and it's pretty plain and simple some stuff just has to give. My current situation is my house is a hot mess! But, I'm trying to be ok with that because I have more important things my agenda.
Enough rambling lets get down to this meatloaf!! I hope you all love meatloaf, and if you do, I hope you will enjoy this version of meatloaf. For anyone who is fowling an autoimmune protocol diet this is a great meatloaf to try because there are it does not have eggs or tomatoes, And, to make it completely night shade free all you have to do is leave out the cumin. I love meatloaf cause it is simple, and it' easy to make a large amount for leftovers or and it makes a great dish to slice into individual servings to freeze. This recipe is definitely not your everyday meatloaf. The sweet potatoes pair well with the cinnamon adding just a taste of sweetness and then the rosemary and thyme along with the bacon add some savory flavors to it. I also added in some zucchini because duh, I had a crap load of it and needed to cook it!! The only addition my kids added to this was a good topping of ketchup on top. I hope you all enjoy.
- 2 lbs Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 4-5 Strips of Pastured Bacon
- 1 Sweet Potato medium size
- 1 Large Zucchini
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion chopped finely
- 1/4 c Cassava Flour
- 3/4 TBSP Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Dried Crushed Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Shred your sweet potato and zucchini in a food processor and set aside.
- Chop your bacon and onion into small pieces and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add your ground beef along with the rest of the ingredients on the list and mix everything together with your hands.
- In a large glass baking dish take your meat mixture and form into rectangular loaf shape.
- Put the dish in the oven leaving it uncovered to cook.
- Cook for 1 hour and 10 min until center is cooked through.