Crispy Chicken Thighs
It's officially spring and my kids are officially on spring break as well as of today! So the craziness is about to begin! for all you moms and dads out there with multiple kids you know exactly what I mean.
I felt like something super easy and simple tonight, so chicken thighs it was! I made sure to get ones with the skin which is a must for this recipe!! Seasoning the skin liberally and baking until crispy adds tons of flavor and delightfulness to the chicken. It's been quite a while since I made bone in skin on chicken thighs, and after just one bite I was reminded the deliciousness that I have been missing!
If you are trying to eat healthy and on a budget chicken thighs also make a great option because they are much cheaper than breast. I personally find thighs much more flavorful, and because you have the skin they contain a higher fat content so you really can get away with eating less than if you were to eat chicken breast. If you are looking for a super simple meal option this recipe is perfect as well. You literally just season the chicken and pop them in the oven for 30-35min! For tonight's dinner I added a side of sautéed zucchini and mashed potatoes.
I also want to mention that I used a baking rack/ cooling rack placed on top of my baking sheet so that the fat from the chicken was able to drip down and the chicken was not sitting in the fat. By cooking them this way I was able to get the skin crispier. If you don't have a rack no worries, you can still make these just know your final product may not be as crispy but will still taste delicious!!
- 2lbs Chicken Thighs Bone-In Skin-On
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1.5 tsp Dried Crushed Rosemary
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2-1tsp Black Pepper
- Heat the oven to 375 Degrees F
- Take a baking sheet and lay a baking rack/ cooling rack on top and place the chicken thighs on the rack.
- In a bowl mix all of the ingredients for the seasoning together and then liberally season both sides of each chicken thigh with the seasoning. Save any remaining seasoning for another time.
- Bake chicken for 30-35 minutes until skin is crispy.