Strawberry Zucchini Grain Free Pancakes
So if you are new to my blog and recipes you will discover that I am always trying to sneak in veggies where I can just because 1. I have 4 kids and sometimes they just don't like to eat their vegetables, and 2. why not make something more nutrient dense if it still can taste good!! So a few weeks back we had breakfast for dinner and because we were not having any vegetables like we usually do I decided to try and add some zucchini to the pancakes and they actually turned out pretty good and the whole family enjoyed them!! And when my entire family eats something I know it has to be half descent and that also means I usually having a winning recipe to share with all of you!! I also added collagen for some added protein as well which I also like to do quite frequently since most of our diets are lacking in collagen!
One thing I do want to point out with this recipe is that you need to make sure your pan is heated before you add the batter because this batter is thinner, and you need to be patient while these look. You will need to cook on a lower-low medium heat slowly or else they will burn on the outside and not be cooked on the inside. I hope you all enjoy these and if you have kids I hope they love them as much as my kids do!!
Servings: 9-10 Pancakes ( using 1/4c per pancake)
- 5 Eggs ( preferably pasture raised)
- 1 Zucchini Peeled and cut into pieces
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 TBSP Coconut Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil melted
- 1 Scoop Collagen Powder ( can sub other protein powder)
- 14 Fresh Strawberries cut into small pieces + additional strawberries for topping
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Maple Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Ghee or Coconut Oil for cooking pancakes in
- In a high speed blender add your Eggs and zucchini and blend until mixture is completely blended and you have no chunks of zucchini left.
- Now add the remaining ingredients except for the Strawberries and Baking Soda and blend again until you have a smooth batter.
- Add batter to a bowl and fold in the cut Strawberries and Baking Soda leaving some strawberries for a topping if you would like!
- Preheat a griddle, cast iron skillet or ceramic pan on low-medium heat with some Ghee or Coconut Oil then add 1/4c scoop of batter for each pancake when the pan is ready and heated!
- Cook slowly on a lower-medium low heat. These will take longer to cook so it is essential you watch and monitor the heat so as not to burn the outside or flip too early!
We like to enjoy these with a drizzle of Honey or Maple Syrup with some more Strawberries on top!