Pina Colada Chia Pudding
Another week has past and we are already halfway through this week. I usually look forward to Fridays but I'm going to be truthful that when my husband is gone sometimes I dread Fridays. No sleeping in...because you know kids, and I am either cleaning non stop, or taking the kids to sports. My dogs have been everywhere which is causing the most stress.
We had a huge wind storm a few weeks back where we experienced hurricane style winds. Blew the fence down so we had to get a new one. So pretty much those 9 days that I had no fence my dogs decided to pee everywhere in the house because they don't like to go when they are on a leash. And to top things off we have carpet so I just need to find the time to do a deep cleaning! For all you parents out there I feel your struggle, you are not alone, and my life is FAR from perfect!!! My house is a mess, and my upstairs literally smells like pee despite all of the baking soda and vinegar I have put onto it. And I'm sure it will continue to smell until I have the time to do a DEEP steam clean.
One thing that might just make your life a little better is to try this Pina Colada chia pudding! It only took me about 5 minutes to prepare ( I used frozen pineapple thawed out). Fresh would be delicious and I'm all for fresh pineapple, but when life gets busy I pull out my big old bag of organic frozen fruit I buy at Costco! Let the pudding sit overnight and in the morning it will be ready for you to eat. All of my kids except for my middle on Alex love chia pudding. I love to experiment adding in different flavors. So becauseI love anything pina colada of course I had to try making a chia pudding.
You can eat this for breakfast, snack or a dessert. No added sugars so all the sweetness naturally comes from the fruit. Chia seeds are full of antioxidants and fiber, and I have added in a little Collagen Peptides for some added protein. For a Vegan version you can always just eliminate the collagen.
Servings: Approximately 4
- 1 can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen pineapple (thawed out)
- 1 ripe Banana
- 1/2 cup Chia Seeds
- 2 scoops Collagen Peptides (optional but adds in protein)
- 1/8 tsp Sea salt
- Dang Coconut Chips to add as topping (optional)
- In a blender add coconut milk, banana, pineapple, and sea salt and blend completely.
- Add in the collagen and blend for 10-20 more seconds.
- In a bowl add your chia seeds and pour liquid mixture over and stir to combine.
- Add pudding to smaller glass mason jars or own large bowl works as well. Cover and set in fridge overnight.
- To serve eat plain, or add some additional banana and pineapple or my favorite topping Dang Coconut Chips!